Pakistani student assaulted by unidentified gang in Puducherry
Puducherry: A 24-year-old Pakistani student doing a post-graduate course in South Asian studies in a well-known university here, was allegedly assaulted by an unidentified three-member gang at his hostel today, police said.
The gang stealthily entered his room in the wee hours and attacked the student, identified as Ali Hassan Raja, on his neck and back causing injuries, they said.
The victim was first rushed to a nearby private hospital and subsequently admitted to the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) from where he was later discharged. He sustained minor injuries in the assault, police said.
Cases have been registered under various IPC sections including 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) and 448 (punishment for house trespass), police said.
A search is on to nab the culprits who fled from the scene. The motive for the attack could not be known immediately.
This is a first such incident in more than 25-year-old history of this university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday