Parrikar speaks to PM on his stand on Governor`s resignation
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today said he has communicated to the Prime Minister, his stand on demand of resignation of Goa Governor B V Wanchoo, by the local BJP unit, over the helicopter purchase scam.
"As a Chief Minister, I have told the Prime Minister whatever I feel about it (on the resignation demand). The communication (between him, PM and Governor) is confidential, I do not think it is right for you all to ask what I told to the Prime Minister," Parrikar told reporters here.
The CM`s statement came two days after BJP Goa Unit held a press conference demanding resignation of the Governor for being investigated in the Augusta Westland VVIP Chopper purchase issues.
While refusing to comment on the issue, Parrikar said that he is also not against the party in its demand.
"I am not against the party. But I don`t want to comment on the issue. Party does not have constitutional obligations but as far as the Chief Minister is considered, I have them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what