`People have lost faith in Rangasamy govt`
Puducherry: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday said that people have lost faith in the Rangasamy led AINRC government as none of the poll promises made last year had been implemented.
Speaking to reporters after visiting an employee of PASIC at the government hospital where he is being treated for burns after he attempted suicide at his house on Saturday, he said the man had taken the step as the company had not disbursed salaries to him and other workers for the last 10 months.
`Poverty stricken employees in PASIC and in other undertakings are in despair. This suicide attempt was the third in recent months by employees`, Narayanasamy said.
Though Rangasamy had promised a few months back that 4,000 retrenched employees would be reinstated and arrears would be disbursed to them, nothing had been done so far, he said, adding people have lost faith in the government.
"If Rangasamy does not rectify the situation he and his ministry should quit office", Narayanasamy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video