`People have lost faith in Rangasamy govt`
Puducherry: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday said that people have lost faith in the Rangasamy led AINRC government as none of the poll promises made last year had been implemented.
Speaking to reporters after visiting an employee of PASIC at the government hospital where he is being treated for burns after he attempted suicide at his house on Saturday, he said the man had taken the step as the company had not disbursed salaries to him and other workers for the last 10 months.
`Poverty stricken employees in PASIC and in other undertakings are in despair. This suicide attempt was the third in recent months by employees`, Narayanasamy said.
Though Rangasamy had promised a few months back that 4,000 retrenched employees would be reinstated and arrears would be disbursed to them, nothing had been done so far, he said, adding people have lost faith in the government.
"If Rangasamy does not rectify the situation he and his ministry should quit office", Narayanasamy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?