‘People yet to benefit the DTC scheme in Puducherry’
Puducherry: BJP`s Puduchery unit on Tuesday said a large number of the beneficiaries of various subsidy related schemes were yet to get ration cards, Aadhar cards and they were yet to open bank accounts to benefit the Direct Cash Transfer (DCT) scheme from January.
Secretary of Puducherry unit of the BJP R V Swaminathan said in a statement here that a large number of residents in Puducherry including those sought to be covered under the DCT were yet to get the Aadhar cards.
There were also families who were yet to get the ration cards, he said.
In view of the "deficiencies and shortcomings", the plan to launch the DCT on January 1 would "embarrass" the people, particularly those coming under Below Poverty Line categories, Swaminathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi