‘People yet to benefit the DTC scheme in Puducherry’
Puducherry: BJP`s Puduchery unit on Tuesday said a large number of the beneficiaries of various subsidy related schemes were yet to get ration cards, Aadhar cards and they were yet to open bank accounts to benefit the Direct Cash Transfer (DCT) scheme from January.
Secretary of Puducherry unit of the BJP R V Swaminathan said in a statement here that a large number of residents in Puducherry including those sought to be covered under the DCT were yet to get the Aadhar cards.
There were also families who were yet to get the ration cards, he said.
In view of the "deficiencies and shortcomings", the plan to launch the DCT on January 1 would "embarrass" the people, particularly those coming under Below Poverty Line categories, Swaminathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`