‘People yet to benefit the DTC scheme in Puducherry’
Puducherry: BJP`s Puduchery unit on Tuesday said a large number of the beneficiaries of various subsidy related schemes were yet to get ration cards, Aadhar cards and they were yet to open bank accounts to benefit the Direct Cash Transfer (DCT) scheme from January.
Secretary of Puducherry unit of the BJP R V Swaminathan said in a statement here that a large number of residents in Puducherry including those sought to be covered under the DCT were yet to get the Aadhar cards.
There were also families who were yet to get the ration cards, he said.
In view of the "deficiencies and shortcomings", the plan to launch the DCT on January 1 would "embarrass" the people, particularly those coming under Below Poverty Line categories, Swaminathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional