‘People yet to benefit the DTC scheme in Puducherry’
Puducherry: BJP`s Puduchery unit on Tuesday said a large number of the beneficiaries of various subsidy related schemes were yet to get ration cards, Aadhar cards and they were yet to open bank accounts to benefit the Direct Cash Transfer (DCT) scheme from January.
Secretary of Puducherry unit of the BJP R V Swaminathan said in a statement here that a large number of residents in Puducherry including those sought to be covered under the DCT were yet to get the Aadhar cards.
There were also families who were yet to get the ration cards, he said.
In view of the "deficiencies and shortcomings", the plan to launch the DCT on January 1 would "embarrass" the people, particularly those coming under Below Poverty Line categories, Swaminathan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged