‘People yet to benefit the DTC scheme in Puducherry’
Puducherry: BJP`s Puduchery unit on Tuesday said a large number of the beneficiaries of various subsidy related schemes were yet to get ration cards, Aadhar cards and they were yet to open bank accounts to benefit the Direct Cash Transfer (DCT) scheme from January.
Secretary of Puducherry unit of the BJP R V Swaminathan said in a statement here that a large number of residents in Puducherry including those sought to be covered under the DCT were yet to get the Aadhar cards.
There were also families who were yet to get the ration cards, he said.
In view of the "deficiencies and shortcomings", the plan to launch the DCT on January 1 would "embarrass" the people, particularly those coming under Below Poverty Line categories, Swaminathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics