‘Plan schemes with 10-yr vision for UTs in offing’
Chandigarh: Planning Commission member Arun Maira on Wednesday advised the city administration to conceptualise new schemes with a 10-year vision for sustained development.
Taking into account the urban needs and capacity building in future, new plans should be conceptualised with a 10-year vision in mind, Maira said in a meeting to discuss schemes of Chandigarh for 2012-13 and the 12th five-year plan.
Maira advocated the need for city development plan for a proper execution of projects with a view to the future requirements.
At the meeting, the Planning Commission officials advised Union Territory administration to look for an integrated vision to develop the higher and technical education sector.
The Planning Commission agreed to approve plan allocation of Rs 737.23 crore for Chandigarh for 2012-13.
K K Sharma, Adviser to the UT Administrator highlighted the major initiatives taken in the field of education, health, urban development, transport and civic amenities.
He explained in detail the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission schemes being implemented to make Chandigarh slum free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials