Policeman identified in Jarawa video suspended
Port Blair: A policeman, identified in the
video footage depicting members of Jarawa tribe of Andaman and
Nicobar Islands dancing semi-naked, has been suspended.
"The policeman identified as PC Claton was sitting on the
road while Jarawa women were made to dance on the road for an
unknown videographer," SP, South Andaman, SBS Tyagi told PTI.
"He was suspended yesterday for dereliction of duty as he
made no attempt to prevent the recording," Tyagi said.
A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against
him, police said.
Police are in search of the Jarawa women who were made to
dance for foreign tourists in return for food, to book the
person who filmed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears