Policeman identified in Jarawa video suspended
Port Blair: A policeman, identified in the
video footage depicting members of Jarawa tribe of Andaman and
Nicobar Islands dancing semi-naked, has been suspended.
"The policeman identified as PC Claton was sitting on the
road while Jarawa women were made to dance on the road for an
unknown videographer," SP, South Andaman, SBS Tyagi told PTI.
"He was suspended yesterday for dereliction of duty as he
made no attempt to prevent the recording," Tyagi said.
A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against
him, police said.
Police are in search of the Jarawa women who were made to
dance for foreign tourists in return for food, to book the
person who filmed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'