Policeman identified in Jarawa video suspended
Port Blair: A policeman, identified in the
video footage depicting members of Jarawa tribe of Andaman and
Nicobar Islands dancing semi-naked, has been suspended.
"The policeman identified as PC Claton was sitting on the
road while Jarawa women were made to dance on the road for an
unknown videographer," SP, South Andaman, SBS Tyagi told PTI.
"He was suspended yesterday for dereliction of duty as he
made no attempt to prevent the recording," Tyagi said.
A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against
him, police said.
Police are in search of the Jarawa women who were made to
dance for foreign tourists in return for food, to book the
person who filmed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what