Policeman identified in Jarawa video suspended
Port Blair: A policeman, identified in the
video footage depicting members of Jarawa tribe of Andaman and
Nicobar Islands dancing semi-naked, has been suspended.
"The policeman identified as PC Claton was sitting on the
road while Jarawa women were made to dance on the road for an
unknown videographer," SP, South Andaman, SBS Tyagi told PTI.
"He was suspended yesterday for dereliction of duty as he
made no attempt to prevent the recording," Tyagi said.
A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against
him, police said.
Police are in search of the Jarawa women who were made to
dance for foreign tourists in return for food, to book the
person who filmed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?