Pondy corp to hold 15-day crafts mela from Jan 10
Puducherry: A 15-day exhibition of products, produced by beneficiaries of loans provided by Puducherry Corporation for Development of Backward Classes and Minorities Corporation over the years, will be held here from January 10.
Puducherry Welfare Minister P.Rajavelu said Corporation had provided Rs five crore as loan to BCs and Minorities in 2012-2013 to produce products in keeping with their talent.
As many as 147 stalls would be in place and craftsmen from Union Territory of Puducherry and also those from Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Rajasthan would showcase their products, he said.
Rajavelu said total sale proceeds was Rs 60 lakh in the exhibition held last year and this would go up this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31