Pondy DMK asks CM to oppose CET for medical courses
Puducherry: Puducherry unit of DMK on Wednesday urged Chief Minister N Rangasamy to raise strong protest against the Centre`s move to bring in Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission of students to medical course.
Unit Convenor MAS Subramanian in a release said his party chief M.Karunanidhi had registered strong protest against the CET as it would be "injurious" to SC/ST and BC and MBC students and also those from rural areas as they could not compete with students from affluent sections.
States like Jammu and Kashmir and also the Congress ruled Andhra Pradesh have resisted the move.
Accusing Rangasamy of maintaining a silence on the issue, Subramanian said constituent regions of Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam adopt different educational patterns and hence CET would not be relevant and acceptable for the Union Territory.
The government should also move the Supreme Court to ensure that CET was not implemented in Puducherry, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video