Pondy Govt hands over probe to NIA
Puducherry: Investigation into the case relating to the detection of a powerful pipe bomb under Union Minister V Narayanasamy`s car, has been handed over to the National Investigation Agency, Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Friday said.
A detailed letter had been sent to the NIA for a probe into the incident, Rangasamy told reporters here after the Director General of Police P.Kamaraj met him at his chamber.
A three-member team of NIA is expected to arrive here from Hyderabad, police sources said.
The pipe bomb was located under the car outside Naryanasamy`s residence on January 29.It was later defused and police registered a case under the Explosives Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!