Pondy Govt hands over probe to NIA
Puducherry: Investigation into the case relating to the detection of a powerful pipe bomb under Union Minister V Narayanasamy`s car, has been handed over to the National Investigation Agency, Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Friday said.
A detailed letter had been sent to the NIA for a probe into the incident, Rangasamy told reporters here after the Director General of Police P.Kamaraj met him at his chamber.
A three-member team of NIA is expected to arrive here from Hyderabad, police sources said.
The pipe bomb was located under the car outside Naryanasamy`s residence on January 29.It was later defused and police registered a case under the Explosives Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race