Pondy govt`s current financial crisis is its own doing: CPI (M)
Puducherry: The CPI-M`s Puducherry unit on Friday asked the Centre to intervene immediately and salvage the Puducherry government from its "serious financial crisis`.
Addressing reporters here, local unit secretary V Perumal said adequate funds should be earmarked to Puducherry to meet its commitments and to implement schemes without delay.
"The paucity of funds has been standing in the way of implementation of various welfare programmes here," he said.
Appointment of non official chairmen for a number of public sector undertakings and posting of employees without adopting statutory procedure of getting list of employees from Employment Exchange were also responsible for the current crisis, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees