Pondy govt`s current financial crisis is its own doing: CPI (M)
Puducherry: The CPI-M`s Puducherry unit on Friday asked the Centre to intervene immediately and salvage the Puducherry government from its "serious financial crisis`.
Addressing reporters here, local unit secretary V Perumal said adequate funds should be earmarked to Puducherry to meet its commitments and to implement schemes without delay.
"The paucity of funds has been standing in the way of implementation of various welfare programmes here," he said.
Appointment of non official chairmen for a number of public sector undertakings and posting of employees without adopting statutory procedure of getting list of employees from Employment Exchange were also responsible for the current crisis, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown