Pondy govt`s current financial crisis is its own doing: CPI (M)
Puducherry: The CPI-M`s Puducherry unit on Friday asked the Centre to intervene immediately and salvage the Puducherry government from its "serious financial crisis`.
Addressing reporters here, local unit secretary V Perumal said adequate funds should be earmarked to Puducherry to meet its commitments and to implement schemes without delay.
"The paucity of funds has been standing in the way of implementation of various welfare programmes here," he said.
Appointment of non official chairmen for a number of public sector undertakings and posting of employees without adopting statutory procedure of getting list of employees from Employment Exchange were also responsible for the current crisis, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves