Pondy govt`s current financial crisis is its own doing: CPI (M)
Puducherry: The CPI-M`s Puducherry unit on Friday asked the Centre to intervene immediately and salvage the Puducherry government from its "serious financial crisis`.
Addressing reporters here, local unit secretary V Perumal said adequate funds should be earmarked to Puducherry to meet its commitments and to implement schemes without delay.
"The paucity of funds has been standing in the way of implementation of various welfare programmes here," he said.
Appointment of non official chairmen for a number of public sector undertakings and posting of employees without adopting statutory procedure of getting list of employees from Employment Exchange were also responsible for the current crisis, he claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels