Pondy govt`s current financial crisis is its own doing: CPI (M)
Puducherry: The CPI-M`s Puducherry unit on Friday asked the Centre to intervene immediately and salvage the Puducherry government from its "serious financial crisis`.
Addressing reporters here, local unit secretary V Perumal said adequate funds should be earmarked to Puducherry to meet its commitments and to implement schemes without delay.
"The paucity of funds has been standing in the way of implementation of various welfare programmes here," he said.
Appointment of non official chairmen for a number of public sector undertakings and posting of employees without adopting statutory procedure of getting list of employees from Employment Exchange were also responsible for the current crisis, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!