Poor planning hit development: AIADMK
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK Tuesday charged the Rangasamy led AINRC government with failing to implement all poll promises and mobilising funds for development of the Union Territory.
AIADMK`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA said both the government and Congress led UPA at the Centre have done `injustice`.
While Chief Minister N Rangasamy had failed to realize taxes due from petrol bunk owners, industrialists and others, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy had not taken steps to salvage Puducherry from the present financial crisis.
He scoffed at the Rs 1900 crore draft plan document prepared for fiscal 2013-14, to be placed before Deputy Chairman of Planning commission at Delhi on June 27, which he said was far less than that in the previous plan.
Anbalagan said projected estimate would normally be 10 to 15 per cent more than previous plan allocations. Against Rs 3,000 crore available in the previous plan, the plan document was just Rs 1 900 crore, he said.
He also charged private medical colleges with charging not less than Rs 45 lakh had been levied for students joining some colleges in MBBS stream under management quota. The 50 per cent quota for government sponsored candidates was a dream in admissions as no college had enforced this quota.
He also listed various sectors where the government had failed and urged the Chief Minister to quit office owning `inefficiency` to provide governance.
"The political tussle between the ruling AINRC and Congress is hitting developmental activities here`, he said and urged the Chief Minister to step down owning responsibility for failure to measure up to the expectations of the people, Anbalagan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues