President Pranab`s helicopter develops problem
Chennai: An Air Force helicopter that was to take President Pranab Mukherjee to Puducherry developed technical problem before take off from here on Wednesday.
The President, who is to attend convocation function of the Pondichery University and later visit the Aurobindo Ashram, was accommodated in another Mi-17 helicopter.
Of the three Mi-17 helicopters, two later flew to Puducherry.
The departure of the President from here was delayed by about an hour due to the problem.
Three IAF choppers-- one from Bangalore and two from Guwhati were stationed at the airport here.
Moments after the President boarded one of the choppers, the problem was noticed and he disembarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days