‘Pudu govt doing injustice to medical aspirants`
Puducherry: DMK Monday charged the Rangasamy led AINRC government with doing injustice to students by not procuring seats in post graduate courses under government quota in private medical colleges.
Speaking to to reporters here, party`s local unit convenor MAS Subramanian said though there was a specific direction by the Medical Council of India to earmark 50 per cent of seats in PG courses in private medical colleges for government quota, managements of colleges here had not adhered to it.
There are 294 seats in seven medical colleges in PG courses
Subramanian recalled there was also a Supreme Court directive stipulating implementation of MCI norms.
He said he would soon write to Union Health Minister, the Chief Justice of Supreme court, the Chairman of Medical College, Lt Governor of Puducherry and Chief Minister, drawing their attention to the predicament of students who do not get the benefit of MCI`s mandate.
He said DMK would also file a petition in the Apex Court, seeking directive to the managements and the government to ensure speedy implementation of the quota.
He said already students were suffering because of sudden conversion of private medical colleges into deemed to be universities and difficulties in getting seats under government quota in MBBS course had also been increasing.
Subramanian said the previous Congress government had let down students and the same `anti student stand` is being followed by the present government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!
- Jama Masjid in Gujarat's Vadodara claims it has biggest Quran in the world - Pics inside
- Search ops underway to locate two missing Indians on Mount Everest