‘Pudu govt doing injustice to medical aspirants`
Puducherry: DMK Monday charged the Rangasamy led AINRC government with doing injustice to students by not procuring seats in post graduate courses under government quota in private medical colleges.
Speaking to to reporters here, party`s local unit convenor MAS Subramanian said though there was a specific direction by the Medical Council of India to earmark 50 per cent of seats in PG courses in private medical colleges for government quota, managements of colleges here had not adhered to it.
There are 294 seats in seven medical colleges in PG courses
Subramanian recalled there was also a Supreme Court directive stipulating implementation of MCI norms.
He said he would soon write to Union Health Minister, the Chief Justice of Supreme court, the Chairman of Medical College, Lt Governor of Puducherry and Chief Minister, drawing their attention to the predicament of students who do not get the benefit of MCI`s mandate.
He said DMK would also file a petition in the Apex Court, seeking directive to the managements and the government to ensure speedy implementation of the quota.
He said already students were suffering because of sudden conversion of private medical colleges into deemed to be universities and difficulties in getting seats under government quota in MBBS course had also been increasing.
Subramanian said the previous Congress government had let down students and the same `anti student stand` is being followed by the present government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre