‘Pudu govt doing injustice to medical aspirants`
Puducherry: DMK Monday charged the Rangasamy led AINRC government with doing injustice to students by not procuring seats in post graduate courses under government quota in private medical colleges.
Speaking to to reporters here, party`s local unit convenor MAS Subramanian said though there was a specific direction by the Medical Council of India to earmark 50 per cent of seats in PG courses in private medical colleges for government quota, managements of colleges here had not adhered to it.
There are 294 seats in seven medical colleges in PG courses
Subramanian recalled there was also a Supreme Court directive stipulating implementation of MCI norms.
He said he would soon write to Union Health Minister, the Chief Justice of Supreme court, the Chairman of Medical College, Lt Governor of Puducherry and Chief Minister, drawing their attention to the predicament of students who do not get the benefit of MCI`s mandate.
He said DMK would also file a petition in the Apex Court, seeking directive to the managements and the government to ensure speedy implementation of the quota.
He said already students were suffering because of sudden conversion of private medical colleges into deemed to be universities and difficulties in getting seats under government quota in MBBS course had also been increasing.
Subramanian said the previous Congress government had let down students and the same `anti student stand` is being followed by the present government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued