Puducherry: AIADMK demands CM`s resignation
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Monday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister N Rangasamy for his `failure` to maintain law and order in the union territory.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA told reporters here that the murder of a history sheeter and injuries to five police personnel taking him back to jail after a court hearing showed that criminals enjoy full freedom to carry out their designs.
He also demanded a CBI probe into the attack under the direct supervision of a serving judge of High court of Madras.
He demanded that the entire police department be revamped and the government procure the services of CRPF or BSF for maintenance of law and order.
Anabalgan said the Chief Minister appeared reluctant to protect the people and even elected legislators were in constant fear of insecurity in Puducherry.
Ridiculing Minister of state in PMO V Narayanasamy for issuing press statements without playing a proactive role to ensure interevention of the Centre to rectify the deteriorating law and order situation, he said businessmen, industrialists and others felt insecure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder