Puducherry: AIADMK demands CM`s resignation
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Monday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister N Rangasamy for his `failure` to maintain law and order in the union territory.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA told reporters here that the murder of a history sheeter and injuries to five police personnel taking him back to jail after a court hearing showed that criminals enjoy full freedom to carry out their designs.
He also demanded a CBI probe into the attack under the direct supervision of a serving judge of High court of Madras.
He demanded that the entire police department be revamped and the government procure the services of CRPF or BSF for maintenance of law and order.
Anabalgan said the Chief Minister appeared reluctant to protect the people and even elected legislators were in constant fear of insecurity in Puducherry.
Ridiculing Minister of state in PMO V Narayanasamy for issuing press statements without playing a proactive role to ensure interevention of the Centre to rectify the deteriorating law and order situation, he said businessmen, industrialists and others felt insecure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America