Puducherry: AIADMK demands CM`s resignation
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Monday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister N Rangasamy for his `failure` to maintain law and order in the union territory.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA told reporters here that the murder of a history sheeter and injuries to five police personnel taking him back to jail after a court hearing showed that criminals enjoy full freedom to carry out their designs.
He also demanded a CBI probe into the attack under the direct supervision of a serving judge of High court of Madras.
He demanded that the entire police department be revamped and the government procure the services of CRPF or BSF for maintenance of law and order.
Anabalgan said the Chief Minister appeared reluctant to protect the people and even elected legislators were in constant fear of insecurity in Puducherry.
Ridiculing Minister of state in PMO V Narayanasamy for issuing press statements without playing a proactive role to ensure interevention of the Centre to rectify the deteriorating law and order situation, he said businessmen, industrialists and others felt insecure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love