Puducherry CM administers harmony day pledge
Puducherry: Chief Minister N Rangasamy Tuesday administered the `Sadhbhavana Day` (Harmony Day) pledge to ministers, legislators and officials on the 69th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi here today.
Chief Minister earlier garlanded a statue of Rajiv Gandhi.
Representatives of different wings of the ruling AINRC, freedom fighters and delegates of various organisations were also among those who paid tributes at the statue and took the pledge .
Representatives of Hindu, Muslim and Christian communities presented excerpts from their religious books. Devotional songs were also presented by teachers of Bharathiar Palkalai Koodam (a government run multi-cultural institution).
Members of opposition Congress, led by PCC leader A V Subramanian paid homage at the statue.
Leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam, legislators and functionaries of the PCC were among those present.
The PCC held a special programme at the party office on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today