Puducherry CM administers harmony day pledge
Puducherry: Chief Minister N Rangasamy Tuesday administered the `Sadhbhavana Day` (Harmony Day) pledge to ministers, legislators and officials on the 69th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi here today.
Chief Minister earlier garlanded a statue of Rajiv Gandhi.
Representatives of different wings of the ruling AINRC, freedom fighters and delegates of various organisations were also among those who paid tributes at the statue and took the pledge .
Representatives of Hindu, Muslim and Christian communities presented excerpts from their religious books. Devotional songs were also presented by teachers of Bharathiar Palkalai Koodam (a government run multi-cultural institution).
Members of opposition Congress, led by PCC leader A V Subramanian paid homage at the statue.
Leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam, legislators and functionaries of the PCC were among those present.
The PCC held a special programme at the party office on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why