Puducherry CM`s New Year Day message
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday said his government would spare no efforts to ensure secure and safe life for the people of Puducherry and the measures taken in the past would be continued to guarantee peaceful environs.
In his message on the eve of New Year, he said there would be firm adherence to measures to ensure absence of violence or skirmishes anywhere in the Union Territory as peace and promotion of brotherhood would create the necessary environ for progress in socio economic sector here.
Speaker V Sabapathy in his message called for continued nurturing of traditional qualities of brotherhood, camaraderie, mutual understanding and tolerance which have been outstanding features of Union Territory of Puducherry.
Leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam, Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy, the PCC leader A V Subramanian, the DMK Puducherry unit organiser M A S Subramanian and host of leaders of various political parties also extended their greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves