Puducherry CM`s New Year Day message
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday said his government would spare no efforts to ensure secure and safe life for the people of Puducherry and the measures taken in the past would be continued to guarantee peaceful environs.
In his message on the eve of New Year, he said there would be firm adherence to measures to ensure absence of violence or skirmishes anywhere in the Union Territory as peace and promotion of brotherhood would create the necessary environ for progress in socio economic sector here.
Speaker V Sabapathy in his message called for continued nurturing of traditional qualities of brotherhood, camaraderie, mutual understanding and tolerance which have been outstanding features of Union Territory of Puducherry.
Leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam, Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy, the PCC leader A V Subramanian, the DMK Puducherry unit organiser M A S Subramanian and host of leaders of various political parties also extended their greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!