Puducherry govt rolls out free rice scheme
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Friday launched a scheme to provide 10 kg of rice free of cost every month to ration cardholders here and in Karaikal.
More than three lakh families would be covered under the scheme, Rangasamy said after launching it at Arumbathapuram near here.
Local Administration Minister N G Panneerselvam presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore