Puducherry on high alert over possible terror attack
Puducherry: Full-fledged security measures,
including deployment of Rapid Action Force personnel, have
been put in place here following Centre`s alert about possible
terror attack in the Union Territory, which has large presence
of French nationals and is a popular tourist destination.
Puducherry Home Minister E Valsaraj said the government
has tightened security at all vulnerable points and two
companies of Rapid Action Force (RAF) have been deployed in
addition to the local police.
Besides, the services of two companies of Tamilnadu
Special Armed Police have also been used, he told reporters on
the sidelines of a function here.
The Union Home Ministry last week alerted Puducherry, a
former French Colony, of possible terror attacks based on
The alert came close on the heels of the German Bakery
bomb blast in Pune that claimed 15 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok