Puducherry on high alert over possible terror attack
Puducherry: Full-fledged security measures,
including deployment of Rapid Action Force personnel, have
been put in place here following Centre`s alert about possible
terror attack in the Union Territory, which has large presence
of French nationals and is a popular tourist destination.
Puducherry Home Minister E Valsaraj said the government
has tightened security at all vulnerable points and two
companies of Rapid Action Force (RAF) have been deployed in
addition to the local police.
Besides, the services of two companies of Tamilnadu
Special Armed Police have also been used, he told reporters on
the sidelines of a function here.
The Union Home Ministry last week alerted Puducherry, a
former French Colony, of possible terror attacks based on
The alert came close on the heels of the German Bakery
bomb blast in Pune that claimed 15 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss