Puducherry on high alert over possible terror attack
Puducherry: Full-fledged security measures,
including deployment of Rapid Action Force personnel, have
been put in place here following Centre`s alert about possible
terror attack in the Union Territory, which has large presence
of French nationals and is a popular tourist destination.
Puducherry Home Minister E Valsaraj said the government
has tightened security at all vulnerable points and two
companies of Rapid Action Force (RAF) have been deployed in
addition to the local police.
Besides, the services of two companies of Tamilnadu
Special Armed Police have also been used, he told reporters on
the sidelines of a function here.
The Union Home Ministry last week alerted Puducherry, a
former French Colony, of possible terror attacks based on
The alert came close on the heels of the German Bakery
bomb blast in Pune that claimed 15 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'