Puducherry on high alert over possible terror attack
Puducherry: Full-fledged security measures,
including deployment of Rapid Action Force personnel, have
been put in place here following Centre`s alert about possible
terror attack in the Union Territory, which has large presence
of French nationals and is a popular tourist destination.
Puducherry Home Minister E Valsaraj said the government
has tightened security at all vulnerable points and two
companies of Rapid Action Force (RAF) have been deployed in
addition to the local police.
Besides, the services of two companies of Tamilnadu
Special Armed Police have also been used, he told reporters on
the sidelines of a function here.
The Union Home Ministry last week alerted Puducherry, a
former French Colony, of possible terror attacks based on
The alert came close on the heels of the German Bakery
bomb blast in Pune that claimed 15 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!