Puducherry on high alert over possible terror attack
Puducherry: Full-fledged security measures,
including deployment of Rapid Action Force personnel, have
been put in place here following Centre`s alert about possible
terror attack in the Union Territory, which has large presence
of French nationals and is a popular tourist destination.
Puducherry Home Minister E Valsaraj said the government
has tightened security at all vulnerable points and two
companies of Rapid Action Force (RAF) have been deployed in
addition to the local police.
Besides, the services of two companies of Tamilnadu
Special Armed Police have also been used, he told reporters on
the sidelines of a function here.
The Union Home Ministry last week alerted Puducherry, a
former French Colony, of possible terror attacks based on
The alert came close on the heels of the German Bakery
bomb blast in Pune that claimed 15 lives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview