Puducherry rape case shifted to CB-CID police
Puducherry: The Puducherry Government has ordered a Crime Branch-CID probe into the recent alleged abduction and rape of a minor girl by two persons, including a bus conductor known to her.
District Collector in-charge S Sundaravadivelou said the case, investigated by local police, would be transferred to the CB-CID.
Muthu, the conductor, and an engineering student, his accomplice, have already been arrested on the charge of abducting and raping the 17-year-old girl on January 01.
The incident coming amid the national outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old Delhi girl triggered protests by students organisations, political parties and women volunteers of various outfits here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!