Puducherry rape case shifted to CB-CID police
Puducherry: The Puducherry Government has ordered a Crime Branch-CID probe into the recent alleged abduction and rape of a minor girl by two persons, including a bus conductor known to her.
District Collector in-charge S Sundaravadivelou said the case, investigated by local police, would be transferred to the CB-CID.
Muthu, the conductor, and an engineering student, his accomplice, have already been arrested on the charge of abducting and raping the 17-year-old girl on January 01.
The incident coming amid the national outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old Delhi girl triggered protests by students organisations, political parties and women volunteers of various outfits here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman