Puducherry rape case shifted to CB-CID police
Puducherry: The Puducherry Government has ordered a Crime Branch-CID probe into the recent alleged abduction and rape of a minor girl by two persons, including a bus conductor known to her.
District Collector in-charge S Sundaravadivelou said the case, investigated by local police, would be transferred to the CB-CID.
Muthu, the conductor, and an engineering student, his accomplice, have already been arrested on the charge of abducting and raping the 17-year-old girl on January 01.
The incident coming amid the national outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old Delhi girl triggered protests by students organisations, political parties and women volunteers of various outfits here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur