Puducherry rape case shifted to CB-CID police
Puducherry: The Puducherry Government has ordered a Crime Branch-CID probe into the recent alleged abduction and rape of a minor girl by two persons, including a bus conductor known to her.
District Collector in-charge S Sundaravadivelou said the case, investigated by local police, would be transferred to the CB-CID.
Muthu, the conductor, and an engineering student, his accomplice, have already been arrested on the charge of abducting and raping the 17-year-old girl on January 01.
The incident coming amid the national outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old Delhi girl triggered protests by students organisations, political parties and women volunteers of various outfits here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth