Puducherry rape case shifted to CB-CID police
Puducherry: The Puducherry Government has ordered a Crime Branch-CID probe into the recent alleged abduction and rape of a minor girl by two persons, including a bus conductor known to her.
District Collector in-charge S Sundaravadivelou said the case, investigated by local police, would be transferred to the CB-CID.
Muthu, the conductor, and an engineering student, his accomplice, have already been arrested on the charge of abducting and raping the 17-year-old girl on January 01.
The incident coming amid the national outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old Delhi girl triggered protests by students organisations, political parties and women volunteers of various outfits here.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh