Puducherry shocker: Girl first raped then gang-raped on the same night
Zee Media Bureau
Karaikal: In a shocking incident, a 21-year-old woman was abducted by three men and raped by one of them here on the Christmas Eve. But her ordeal continued as a few minutes later the woman was again abducted by another group of men and gang-raped.
The Puducherry Police have arrested eleven people, including a juvenile, in connection with the case.
The incident happened on Christman eve when the woman was accompanying one of her friend to meet the latter`s boyfriend. While she was waiting outside the boy`s residnce, three people came and abducted her. They took her to a seculded palce, where one of them raped her.
The victim`s friend somehow mangaed to find the 21-year-old, but to their shock, another group of people attacked them and took the girl to another place and gang-raped her.
Later, when the victim’s friend and her boyfriend located the gang, an altercation broke out between them, following which one of the residents of the place aleretd the police.
The traumatised woman lodged a complaint to Senior Superintendent of Police Monika Bharadwaj, who had ordered an inquiry into the case, police said.
Cases under various sections of IPC, including rape and abduction were charged against them, police said adding, a Sub-Inspector and a Head Constable were suspended for their lapses in dealing with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees