Puducherry to implead with TN in SC to get its Cauvery water share
Puducherry: Puducherry government Tuesday said it would implead itself with Tamil Nadu in the Supreme Court to get its share of Cauvery river water for irrigation.
In a release here, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said his government would approach the Apex Court to get its share for irrigating crops in Karaikal region, which is at the tail end of the river basin.
Official sources told a news agency the government would implead with Tamil Nadu in the Apex Court for its share.
They said no clear picture had emerged at the recent Cauvery River Authority meet at Delhi, where Karnataka turned down the plea of Tamil Nadu for more water, which consequently impacted the Union Territory.
Hence it was decided to approach the Supreme Court and implead with Tamil Nadu on the issue of sharing water from Cauvery, the sources said, adding government would not file a separate petition in the Apex Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’