‘Puducherry would emerge hut free in next 5 years’
Puducherry: Puducherry Welfare Minister P Rajavelu on Sunday said the territorial administration had geared up implementation of housing subsidy scheme to provide Rs 4 lakh to each of the families of scheduled castes to convert their huts into concrete houses.
Releasing a CD on the need to eradicate untouchability brought out by the Dr Ambedkar Association for Welfare of Women at Villianoor near here today Rajavelu said 12,000 huts were being extended the financial assistance in a phased manner and the government had planned to ensure that all these huts were converted into concrete houses in next five years.
He said that administration had evolved several welfare schemes for the scheduled castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people