Puducherry`s first CM remembered
Puducherry: Chief Minister N Rangasamy led a host of leaders in paying tribute to first Chief Minister of Puducherry Edouard Goubert on the occasion of his 118th birth anniversary on Sunday.
Rangasamy accompanied by his Cabinet colleagues, legislators and freedom fighters paid floral tributes at the statue of Goubert here.
Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy, PCC leader A V Subramanian, leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam were among otheres who garlanded the leader`s statue.
Goubert, popularly known as `Pappa` (father), was the first Chief Minister of Puducherry in the wake of de jure transfer of the French establishments to Indian Union in 1962.
He was a staunch Congress leader and his close links with the Central leaders was chiefly instrumental for development of Puducherry and he successfully initiated steps to set up the centrally administered medical college JIPMER.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder