Rajnath Singh demands relief for Tsunami-hit Anadaman and Nicobar islands
Port Blair: Former BJP President Rajnath Singh has demanded immediate relief to all the Tsunami-hit farmers in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
"The farmers were the worst-hit as their lands were water-logged since 2004 and did not get adequate relief. They were given fertilisers, power tillers which was nothing but a cruel joke played on them," Singh said here on Sunday.
The issue will be raised by his party in the Parliament, Singh told reporters.
Singh said China had a big air base at Coco Island which poses a serious threat to the entire Andaman and Nicobar.
He said in view of the historical and strategic importance of Viper island, the government should immediately scrap the ongoing resort project and declare the entire island as national monument.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?