Rajnath Singh demands relief for Tsunami-hit Anadaman and Nicobar islands
Port Blair: Former BJP President Rajnath Singh has demanded immediate relief to all the Tsunami-hit farmers in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
"The farmers were the worst-hit as their lands were water-logged since 2004 and did not get adequate relief. They were given fertilisers, power tillers which was nothing but a cruel joke played on them," Singh said here on Sunday.
The issue will be raised by his party in the Parliament, Singh told reporters.
Singh said China had a big air base at Coco Island which poses a serious threat to the entire Andaman and Nicobar.
He said in view of the historical and strategic importance of Viper island, the government should immediately scrap the ongoing resort project and declare the entire island as national monument.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt