Rajnath Singh demands relief for Tsunami-hit Anadaman and Nicobar islands
Port Blair: Former BJP President Rajnath Singh has demanded immediate relief to all the Tsunami-hit farmers in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
"The farmers were the worst-hit as their lands were water-logged since 2004 and did not get adequate relief. They were given fertilisers, power tillers which was nothing but a cruel joke played on them," Singh said here on Sunday.
The issue will be raised by his party in the Parliament, Singh told reporters.
Singh said China had a big air base at Coco Island which poses a serious threat to the entire Andaman and Nicobar.
He said in view of the historical and strategic importance of Viper island, the government should immediately scrap the ongoing resort project and declare the entire island as national monument.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read