Rajnath Singh demands relief for Tsunami-hit Anadaman and Nicobar islands
Port Blair: Former BJP President Rajnath Singh has demanded immediate relief to all the Tsunami-hit farmers in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
"The farmers were the worst-hit as their lands were water-logged since 2004 and did not get adequate relief. They were given fertilisers, power tillers which was nothing but a cruel joke played on them," Singh said here on Sunday.
The issue will be raised by his party in the Parliament, Singh told reporters.
Singh said China had a big air base at Coco Island which poses a serious threat to the entire Andaman and Nicobar.
He said in view of the historical and strategic importance of Viper island, the government should immediately scrap the ongoing resort project and declare the entire island as national monument.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!
- SALUTE! This boy from UP's Mainpuri has no arms but secured 71.8% in 10th board exams - WATCH interview