Rangasamy distributes cash assistance to Scheduled Castes
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday said his government gave priority in taking care of the socio economic development of the members of the scheduled caste community.
Distributing cash assistance totaling Rs 1.25 crore to around 600 members belonging to the scheduled caste under various welfare schemes implemented by the Department of Welfare of Adi Dravidar here, he said a special component plan had already been implemented in Puducherry with funds earmarked specially for the plan in each of the welfare schemes operated by government departments.
Chief Minister also provided funds to the families of the scheduled caste to construct toilets under total sanitation programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?