Rangasamy distributes cash assistance to Scheduled Castes
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday said his government gave priority in taking care of the socio economic development of the members of the scheduled caste community.
Distributing cash assistance totaling Rs 1.25 crore to around 600 members belonging to the scheduled caste under various welfare schemes implemented by the Department of Welfare of Adi Dravidar here, he said a special component plan had already been implemented in Puducherry with funds earmarked specially for the plan in each of the welfare schemes operated by government departments.
Chief Minister also provided funds to the families of the scheduled caste to construct toilets under total sanitation programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief