Rangasamy distributes cash assistance to Scheduled Castes
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday said his government gave priority in taking care of the socio economic development of the members of the scheduled caste community.
Distributing cash assistance totaling Rs 1.25 crore to around 600 members belonging to the scheduled caste under various welfare schemes implemented by the Department of Welfare of Adi Dravidar here, he said a special component plan had already been implemented in Puducherry with funds earmarked specially for the plan in each of the welfare schemes operated by government departments.
Chief Minister also provided funds to the families of the scheduled caste to construct toilets under total sanitation programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what