Rangasamy distributes cash assistance to Scheduled Castes
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday said his government gave priority in taking care of the socio economic development of the members of the scheduled caste community.
Distributing cash assistance totaling Rs 1.25 crore to around 600 members belonging to the scheduled caste under various welfare schemes implemented by the Department of Welfare of Adi Dravidar here, he said a special component plan had already been implemented in Puducherry with funds earmarked specially for the plan in each of the welfare schemes operated by government departments.
Chief Minister also provided funds to the families of the scheduled caste to construct toilets under total sanitation programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border