Rangasamy distributes cash assistance to Scheduled Castes
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday said his government gave priority in taking care of the socio economic development of the members of the scheduled caste community.
Distributing cash assistance totaling Rs 1.25 crore to around 600 members belonging to the scheduled caste under various welfare schemes implemented by the Department of Welfare of Adi Dravidar here, he said a special component plan had already been implemented in Puducherry with funds earmarked specially for the plan in each of the welfare schemes operated by government departments.
Chief Minister also provided funds to the families of the scheduled caste to construct toilets under total sanitation programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj