Rangasamy-led AINRC Govt is anti-people: Narayanas
Puducherry: Attacking the AINRC Government, Union Minister and senior Congress leader V Narayanasamy Monday alleged it had become anti-people and the businessmen of the union territory were facing constant extortion threats from hardcrore criminals.
`Merchants, traders and business community are living in fear as they frequently face threat to their lives from hard core criminals lodged in central prison who keep making calls over mobile phones in a bid to extract money,` he told reporters here.
The government had become "anti-people and is letting down students, businessmen and common man", he said adding that the flow of tourists in Puducherry had also fallen steeply thanks to the rise in VAT on hotel products.
He also charged the N Rangasamy Government with failure to encourage entrepreneurs to start industries.
He claimed if Rangasamy had attended the recent meeting held by the union Health Minister recently in Chennai with representatives of southern states, the Centre would have earmarked more funds for Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days