Rangasamy-led AINRC Govt is anti-people: Narayanas
Puducherry: Attacking the AINRC Government, Union Minister and senior Congress leader V Narayanasamy Monday alleged it had become anti-people and the businessmen of the union territory were facing constant extortion threats from hardcrore criminals.
`Merchants, traders and business community are living in fear as they frequently face threat to their lives from hard core criminals lodged in central prison who keep making calls over mobile phones in a bid to extract money,` he told reporters here.
The government had become "anti-people and is letting down students, businessmen and common man", he said adding that the flow of tourists in Puducherry had also fallen steeply thanks to the rise in VAT on hotel products.
He also charged the N Rangasamy Government with failure to encourage entrepreneurs to start industries.
He claimed if Rangasamy had attended the recent meeting held by the union Health Minister recently in Chennai with representatives of southern states, the Centre would have earmarked more funds for Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader