Rangasamy-led AINRC Govt is anti-people: Narayanas
Puducherry: Attacking the AINRC Government, Union Minister and senior Congress leader V Narayanasamy Monday alleged it had become anti-people and the businessmen of the union territory were facing constant extortion threats from hardcrore criminals.
`Merchants, traders and business community are living in fear as they frequently face threat to their lives from hard core criminals lodged in central prison who keep making calls over mobile phones in a bid to extract money,` he told reporters here.
The government had become "anti-people and is letting down students, businessmen and common man", he said adding that the flow of tourists in Puducherry had also fallen steeply thanks to the rise in VAT on hotel products.
He also charged the N Rangasamy Government with failure to encourage entrepreneurs to start industries.
He claimed if Rangasamy had attended the recent meeting held by the union Health Minister recently in Chennai with representatives of southern states, the Centre would have earmarked more funds for Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out