Rangasamy to attend CMs` meet on internal security
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N
Rangasamy will attend the all India Chief Ministers` meet
convened by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on internal security
at Delhi on April 16.
Rangasamy would also bring to the notice of the Centre the
current financial predicament of Puducherry government, which
comes under the direct control of Union Home Ministry,
official sources said.
Puducherry is faced with paucity of funds and with the
annual plan (2012-2013) size is yet to be decided the
government has only passed a vote on account in the last
week`s session of the House earmarking around Rs 1,262 crores
for the first four months from April.
Rangasamy would also call on Union Power Minister Sushil
Kumar Shinde and urge him to enhance allocation of natural gas
from the ONGC for Pondicherry Power Corporation Limited in
Karaikal, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees