Rangasamy to attend CMs` meet on internal security
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N
Rangasamy will attend the all India Chief Ministers` meet
convened by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on internal security
at Delhi on April 16.
Rangasamy would also bring to the notice of the Centre the
current financial predicament of Puducherry government, which
comes under the direct control of Union Home Ministry,
official sources said.
Puducherry is faced with paucity of funds and with the
annual plan (2012-2013) size is yet to be decided the
government has only passed a vote on account in the last
week`s session of the House earmarking around Rs 1,262 crores
for the first four months from April.
Rangasamy would also call on Union Power Minister Sushil
Kumar Shinde and urge him to enhance allocation of natural gas
from the ONGC for Pondicherry Power Corporation Limited in
Karaikal, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list