Residents admitted to hospital following nausea
Puducherry: About 45 residents of various housing colonies of Kombakkam village near here were on Sunday admitted to hospital when they complained of nausea and vomitting after allegedly drinking contaminated water, officials said.
Hospital sources said the condition of those admitted was stable and they were showing signs of improvement.
It is suspected that the drinking water available to the residents was contaminated.
Public Health officials have taken steps to collect samples of the water supplied through pipelines to check if it was contaminated, officials said.
Local Administration Minister NG Pannerselvam called on those hospitalised. Congress legislator A Namassivayam accompanied him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands