Residents admitted to hospital following nausea
Puducherry: About 45 residents of various housing colonies of Kombakkam village near here were on Sunday admitted to hospital when they complained of nausea and vomitting after allegedly drinking contaminated water, officials said.
Hospital sources said the condition of those admitted was stable and they were showing signs of improvement.
It is suspected that the drinking water available to the residents was contaminated.
Public Health officials have taken steps to collect samples of the water supplied through pipelines to check if it was contaminated, officials said.
Local Administration Minister NG Pannerselvam called on those hospitalised. Congress legislator A Namassivayam accompanied him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam