Residents admitted to hospital following nausea
Puducherry: About 45 residents of various housing colonies of Kombakkam village near here were on Sunday admitted to hospital when they complained of nausea and vomitting after allegedly drinking contaminated water, officials said.
Hospital sources said the condition of those admitted was stable and they were showing signs of improvement.
It is suspected that the drinking water available to the residents was contaminated.
Public Health officials have taken steps to collect samples of the water supplied through pipelines to check if it was contaminated, officials said.
Local Administration Minister NG Pannerselvam called on those hospitalised. Congress legislator A Namassivayam accompanied him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars