Rs 45.34L compensation to cyclone hit fishermen
Puducherry: The Puducherry government on Monday handed over Rs 45.34 lakh as financial aid to 57 fishermen of Nallavadu coastal village to enable them buy fishing boats or repair those partially damaged in Thane cyclone in December last year.
Local Administration and Fisheries Minister NG Panneerselvam, who handed over the amount, said the government had been covering affected fishermen in a phased manner, making use of funds provided by the Centre under the relief scheme.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai