Security tightened in Saneeswara temple after Bodh Gaya blasts
Karaikal: Security has been tightened at the famous Lord Saneeswara temple at nearby Tirunallar following the serial blasts that rocked Bodh Gaya shrine in Bihar two days back.
Sources said armed police personnel have been deployed at the temple entrance and all devotees entering the temple are being screened with metal detectors.
Police personnel are also keeping a tight vigil in the town, they said, adding check posts have set up in Karaikal district, an enclave of the union territory of Puducherry.
The temple attracts thousands of pilgrims from various parts of the country everyday, with at least one lakh visiting it on weekends and holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love