Security tightened in Saneeswara temple after Bodh Gaya blasts
Karaikal: Security has been tightened at the famous Lord Saneeswara temple at nearby Tirunallar following the serial blasts that rocked Bodh Gaya shrine in Bihar two days back.
Sources said armed police personnel have been deployed at the temple entrance and all devotees entering the temple are being screened with metal detectors.
Police personnel are also keeping a tight vigil in the town, they said, adding check posts have set up in Karaikal district, an enclave of the union territory of Puducherry.
The temple attracts thousands of pilgrims from various parts of the country everyday, with at least one lakh visiting it on weekends and holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security