Security tightened in Saneeswara temple after Bodh Gaya blasts
Karaikal: Security has been tightened at the famous Lord Saneeswara temple at nearby Tirunallar following the serial blasts that rocked Bodh Gaya shrine in Bihar two days back.
Sources said armed police personnel have been deployed at the temple entrance and all devotees entering the temple are being screened with metal detectors.
Police personnel are also keeping a tight vigil in the town, they said, adding check posts have set up in Karaikal district, an enclave of the union territory of Puducherry.
The temple attracts thousands of pilgrims from various parts of the country everyday, with at least one lakh visiting it on weekends and holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj