Security tightened in Saneeswara temple after Bodh Gaya blasts
Karaikal: Security has been tightened at the famous Lord Saneeswara temple at nearby Tirunallar following the serial blasts that rocked Bodh Gaya shrine in Bihar two days back.
Sources said armed police personnel have been deployed at the temple entrance and all devotees entering the temple are being screened with metal detectors.
Police personnel are also keeping a tight vigil in the town, they said, adding check posts have set up in Karaikal district, an enclave of the union territory of Puducherry.
The temple attracts thousands of pilgrims from various parts of the country everyday, with at least one lakh visiting it on weekends and holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!