Security tightened in Saneeswara temple after Bodh Gaya blasts
Karaikal: Security has been tightened at the famous Lord Saneeswara temple at nearby Tirunallar following the serial blasts that rocked Bodh Gaya shrine in Bihar two days back.
Sources said armed police personnel have been deployed at the temple entrance and all devotees entering the temple are being screened with metal detectors.
Police personnel are also keeping a tight vigil in the town, they said, adding check posts have set up in Karaikal district, an enclave of the union territory of Puducherry.
The temple attracts thousands of pilgrims from various parts of the country everyday, with at least one lakh visiting it on weekends and holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief