Srivastava retires as DGP, Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Director General of Police of Chandigarh Union Territory, P K Srivastava, retired on Friday.
The senior IPS officer of the UT cadre had taken over as Inspector General of Police in February 2010 and was promoted as DGP recently.
Since he was nearing retirement, he continued as DGP in Chandigarh.
Srivastava retired after 37 years of service in IPS, during which he held various posts including DCP PCR, South and Crime in Delhi Police, Chief Vigilance Officer of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and SP, Andaman and Nicobar.
As DCP Crime, he was part of the team which busted match-fixing racket in 2000 involving Hansie Cronje, the captain of South African cricket team.
Personnel of the Chandigarh Police gave him a ceremonial farewell at a parade here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!