Srivastava retires as DGP, Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Director General of Police of Chandigarh Union Territory, P K Srivastava, retired on Friday.
The senior IPS officer of the UT cadre had taken over as Inspector General of Police in February 2010 and was promoted as DGP recently.
Since he was nearing retirement, he continued as DGP in Chandigarh.
Srivastava retired after 37 years of service in IPS, during which he held various posts including DCP PCR, South and Crime in Delhi Police, Chief Vigilance Officer of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and SP, Andaman and Nicobar.
As DCP Crime, he was part of the team which busted match-fixing racket in 2000 involving Hansie Cronje, the captain of South African cricket team.
Personnel of the Chandigarh Police gave him a ceremonial farewell at a parade here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'