Srivastava retires as DGP, Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Director General of Police of Chandigarh Union Territory, P K Srivastava, retired on Friday.
The senior IPS officer of the UT cadre had taken over as Inspector General of Police in February 2010 and was promoted as DGP recently.
Since he was nearing retirement, he continued as DGP in Chandigarh.
Srivastava retired after 37 years of service in IPS, during which he held various posts including DCP PCR, South and Crime in Delhi Police, Chief Vigilance Officer of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and SP, Andaman and Nicobar.
As DCP Crime, he was part of the team which busted match-fixing racket in 2000 involving Hansie Cronje, the captain of South African cricket team.
Personnel of the Chandigarh Police gave him a ceremonial farewell at a parade here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant