Srivastava retires as DGP, Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Director General of Police of Chandigarh Union Territory, P K Srivastava, retired on Friday.
The senior IPS officer of the UT cadre had taken over as Inspector General of Police in February 2010 and was promoted as DGP recently.
Since he was nearing retirement, he continued as DGP in Chandigarh.
Srivastava retired after 37 years of service in IPS, during which he held various posts including DCP PCR, South and Crime in Delhi Police, Chief Vigilance Officer of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and SP, Andaman and Nicobar.
As DCP Crime, he was part of the team which busted match-fixing racket in 2000 involving Hansie Cronje, the captain of South African cricket team.
Personnel of the Chandigarh Police gave him a ceremonial farewell at a parade here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured