Srivastava retires as DGP, Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Director General of Police of Chandigarh Union Territory, P K Srivastava, retired on Friday.
The senior IPS officer of the UT cadre had taken over as Inspector General of Police in February 2010 and was promoted as DGP recently.
Since he was nearing retirement, he continued as DGP in Chandigarh.
Srivastava retired after 37 years of service in IPS, during which he held various posts including DCP PCR, South and Crime in Delhi Police, Chief Vigilance Officer of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and SP, Andaman and Nicobar.
As DCP Crime, he was part of the team which busted match-fixing racket in 2000 involving Hansie Cronje, the captain of South African cricket team.
Personnel of the Chandigarh Police gave him a ceremonial farewell at a parade here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!