Subjects allocated to 2 DIGs
Puducherry: DIG of Police ID Shukla an IPS officer of the 1995 batch and belonging to the AGMU (Union Territories cadre) has been allotted the subject of security and coastal security.
The orders were issued by Lt Governor Iqbal Singh reallocating subjects to two DIGs, a press release said on Sunday.
Shukla, in charge of Administration in the police department, has also been assigned subjects of Law and Order, Traffic, Policing of police, Motor Transport,Central Control Room, Protection of Civil Rights and any other subject the IG of Police would earmark.
Another DIG Atul Katiyar of the 1997 batch and belonging to AGMU has been allotted Armed Police and Training, the Puducherry Armed Police, Crime and Intelligence, CID, Special Branch and Intelligence, India Reserve Battalion, Police Training School, Home Guards, Wireless and any other subject earmarked by IG of Police, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?