Take steps to maintain law and order: Narayanaswamy
Puducherry: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday asked police here to take all steps to maintain law and order in the wake of the frequent bomb blasts in and around Puducherry,"which has caused fear among people".
Police had been told to ensure maintenance of law and order situation, which is now in shambles and relieving people of the `fear pscyhosis,` he said after a 45 minute meeting with Inspector General of Police R S Krishnia.
He said he had assured police he would use his good offices to ensure availability of full manpower, equipment and other facilities here.
`My aim is the image of Puducherry as a peaceful State should be restored and any interference from any quarters should be kept at bay as security and safety of the people should reign supreme`, Naryanasamy told PTI.
He lambasted the Rangasamy led AINRC government for its `failure` to uphold law and said the latest bomb blast incidents, including one at the residence of a French national on Aug 15 had caused disrepute to Puducherry and feared that if the situation continued, the number of tourists visiting Puducherry would come down .
Narayanasamy said the IG had told him that necessary steps would be taken to ensure that the situation shows a marked improvement in the next one month or so.
He said he had specifically urged the IG to ensure that the Goondas Act enforced during the previous Congress rule here was implemented in letter and spirit without bowing to pressure from any quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam