Take steps to maintain law and order: Narayanaswamy
Puducherry: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday asked police here to take all steps to maintain law and order in the wake of the frequent bomb blasts in and around Puducherry,"which has caused fear among people".
Police had been told to ensure maintenance of law and order situation, which is now in shambles and relieving people of the `fear pscyhosis,` he said after a 45 minute meeting with Inspector General of Police R S Krishnia.
He said he had assured police he would use his good offices to ensure availability of full manpower, equipment and other facilities here.
`My aim is the image of Puducherry as a peaceful State should be restored and any interference from any quarters should be kept at bay as security and safety of the people should reign supreme`, Naryanasamy told PTI.
He lambasted the Rangasamy led AINRC government for its `failure` to uphold law and said the latest bomb blast incidents, including one at the residence of a French national on Aug 15 had caused disrepute to Puducherry and feared that if the situation continued, the number of tourists visiting Puducherry would come down .
Narayanasamy said the IG had told him that necessary steps would be taken to ensure that the situation shows a marked improvement in the next one month or so.
He said he had specifically urged the IG to ensure that the Goondas Act enforced during the previous Congress rule here was implemented in letter and spirit without bowing to pressure from any quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case