Take steps to maintain law and order: Narayanaswamy
Puducherry: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday asked police here to take all steps to maintain law and order in the wake of the frequent bomb blasts in and around Puducherry,"which has caused fear among people".
Police had been told to ensure maintenance of law and order situation, which is now in shambles and relieving people of the `fear pscyhosis,` he said after a 45 minute meeting with Inspector General of Police R S Krishnia.
He said he had assured police he would use his good offices to ensure availability of full manpower, equipment and other facilities here.
`My aim is the image of Puducherry as a peaceful State should be restored and any interference from any quarters should be kept at bay as security and safety of the people should reign supreme`, Naryanasamy told PTI.
He lambasted the Rangasamy led AINRC government for its `failure` to uphold law and said the latest bomb blast incidents, including one at the residence of a French national on Aug 15 had caused disrepute to Puducherry and feared that if the situation continued, the number of tourists visiting Puducherry would come down .
Narayanasamy said the IG had told him that necessary steps would be taken to ensure that the situation shows a marked improvement in the next one month or so.
He said he had specifically urged the IG to ensure that the Goondas Act enforced during the previous Congress rule here was implemented in letter and spirit without bowing to pressure from any quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read