Teenager killed by friends over mobile phone
Chandigarh: A Class 8 student of a private school in Haryana`s Sonepat was killed allegedly by two of his classmates, after he had asked one of them to return his cellphone, police said Monday.
Shubham (14) had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago and when he insisted on getting it back, he was asked to come to the school`s backyard on Friday to collect it, Sonepat`s Superintendent of Police Arun Nehra said.
"On reaching the spot, Shubham was strangled to death by the suspects. His body was dumped in the bushes near the school`s boundary wall by the duo," Nehra said.
The victim`s body was recovered on Saturday night and the investigation led to the two suspects who confessed to the crime, he said, adding that they were arrested yesterday.
Shubham`s father had filed a missing complaint after he did not return home on Friday.
The suspects, around 14 years of age, have been lodged in juvenile home in Ambala after being charged with murder. They have no criminal past, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...