Teenager killed by friends over mobile phone
Chandigarh: A Class 8 student of a private school in Haryana`s Sonepat was killed allegedly by two of his classmates, after he had asked one of them to return his cellphone, police said Monday.
Shubham (14) had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago and when he insisted on getting it back, he was asked to come to the school`s backyard on Friday to collect it, Sonepat`s Superintendent of Police Arun Nehra said.
"On reaching the spot, Shubham was strangled to death by the suspects. His body was dumped in the bushes near the school`s boundary wall by the duo," Nehra said.
The victim`s body was recovered on Saturday night and the investigation led to the two suspects who confessed to the crime, he said, adding that they were arrested yesterday.
Shubham`s father had filed a missing complaint after he did not return home on Friday.
The suspects, around 14 years of age, have been lodged in juvenile home in Ambala after being charged with murder. They have no criminal past, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued