Teenager killed by friends over mobile phone
Chandigarh: A Class 8 student of a private school in Haryana`s Sonepat was killed allegedly by two of his classmates, after he had asked one of them to return his cellphone, police said Monday.
Shubham (14) had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago and when he insisted on getting it back, he was asked to come to the school`s backyard on Friday to collect it, Sonepat`s Superintendent of Police Arun Nehra said.
"On reaching the spot, Shubham was strangled to death by the suspects. His body was dumped in the bushes near the school`s boundary wall by the duo," Nehra said.
The victim`s body was recovered on Saturday night and the investigation led to the two suspects who confessed to the crime, he said, adding that they were arrested yesterday.
Shubham`s father had filed a missing complaint after he did not return home on Friday.
The suspects, around 14 years of age, have been lodged in juvenile home in Ambala after being charged with murder. They have no criminal past, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145