Teenager killed by friends over mobile phone
Chandigarh: A Class 8 student of a private school in Haryana`s Sonepat was killed allegedly by two of his classmates, after he had asked one of them to return his cellphone, police said Monday.
Shubham (14) had lent his cellphone to one of the suspects a week ago and when he insisted on getting it back, he was asked to come to the school`s backyard on Friday to collect it, Sonepat`s Superintendent of Police Arun Nehra said.
"On reaching the spot, Shubham was strangled to death by the suspects. His body was dumped in the bushes near the school`s boundary wall by the duo," Nehra said.
The victim`s body was recovered on Saturday night and the investigation led to the two suspects who confessed to the crime, he said, adding that they were arrested yesterday.
Shubham`s father had filed a missing complaint after he did not return home on Friday.
The suspects, around 14 years of age, have been lodged in juvenile home in Ambala after being charged with murder. They have no criminal past, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj