Temple fetches Rs 65 lakh in three months
Karaikal: Lord Saneeswara (Saturn) temple at Tirunallar near here had recorded a hundiyal collection of about Rs 65 lakh in cash besides gold and silver ornaments in three months since June.
Temple sources said 12 hundiyals were opened on Thursday and besides about Rs 65 lakh, 85 gms of gold and 1.5 kg silver were received.
The hundiyals of the ancient temple, believed to be constructed during the 7th century AD, opens once in three months, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch