Temple fetches Rs 65 lakh in three months
Karaikal: Lord Saneeswara (Saturn) temple at Tirunallar near here had recorded a hundiyal collection of about Rs 65 lakh in cash besides gold and silver ornaments in three months since June.
Temple sources said 12 hundiyals were opened on Thursday and besides about Rs 65 lakh, 85 gms of gold and 1.5 kg silver were received.
The hundiyals of the ancient temple, believed to be constructed during the 7th century AD, opens once in three months, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city