Thiruvalluvar day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: Thiruvalluvar day marking the birth anniversary of saint poet Thiruvalluvar was celebrated here with Chief Minister N Rangasamy, his cabinet colleagues, legislators and delegates of various Tamil Associations garlanding the statue of the pet on Marai Malai Adigal Salai here on Tuesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK MAS Subramanian and leaders of various political parties paid tributes at the statue of Thiruvalluvar on the occasion.
Today was a holiday for all government offices and institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued