Thiruvalluvar day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: Thiruvalluvar day marking the birth anniversary of saint poet Thiruvalluvar was celebrated here with Chief Minister N Rangasamy, his cabinet colleagues, legislators and delegates of various Tamil Associations garlanding the statue of the pet on Marai Malai Adigal Salai here on Tuesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK MAS Subramanian and leaders of various political parties paid tributes at the statue of Thiruvalluvar on the occasion.
Today was a holiday for all government offices and institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DCW, Delhi Police hold meet to ascertain 'ownership' of brothels
- Twitter has paid $322,420 to bug hunters so far
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!