Thiruvalluvar day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: Thiruvalluvar day marking the birth anniversary of saint poet Thiruvalluvar was celebrated here with Chief Minister N Rangasamy, his cabinet colleagues, legislators and delegates of various Tamil Associations garlanding the statue of the pet on Marai Malai Adigal Salai here on Tuesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK MAS Subramanian and leaders of various political parties paid tributes at the statue of Thiruvalluvar on the occasion.
Today was a holiday for all government offices and institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song