Thiruvalluvar day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: Thiruvalluvar day marking the birth anniversary of saint poet Thiruvalluvar was celebrated here with Chief Minister N Rangasamy, his cabinet colleagues, legislators and delegates of various Tamil Associations garlanding the statue of the pet on Marai Malai Adigal Salai here on Tuesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK MAS Subramanian and leaders of various political parties paid tributes at the statue of Thiruvalluvar on the occasion.
Today was a holiday for all government offices and institutions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed