Thiruvalluvar day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: Thiruvalluvar day marking the birth anniversary of saint poet Thiruvalluvar was celebrated here with Chief Minister N Rangasamy, his cabinet colleagues, legislators and delegates of various Tamil Associations garlanding the statue of the pet on Marai Malai Adigal Salai here on Tuesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK MAS Subramanian and leaders of various political parties paid tributes at the statue of Thiruvalluvar on the occasion.
Today was a holiday for all government offices and institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!