Three detained in connection with Andaman boat tragedy
Port Blair: Three persons, including the owner of the overcrowded tourist boat which capsized in the Andaman Sea near here in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, were on Monday detained.
An FIR has been lodged against them and they are being questioned, sources in the Andaman and Nicobar administration said.
One person was still missing while all the bodies had been identified and sent back to Chennai and other places where the victims hailed from, the sources said.
21 persons died and 29 were rescued in the boat tragedy.
Of the dead, three hailed from Maharashtra, 16 from Tamil Nadu and one each from West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh.
Andaman boat tragedy: The survivors included seven from Maharashtra, 15 from Tamil Nadu, two from New Delhi, one each from West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh and three from the Andaman Islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai