Three detained in connection with Andaman boat tragedy
Port Blair: Three persons, including the owner of the overcrowded tourist boat which capsized in the Andaman Sea near here in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, were on Monday detained.
An FIR has been lodged against them and they are being questioned, sources in the Andaman and Nicobar administration said.
One person was still missing while all the bodies had been identified and sent back to Chennai and other places where the victims hailed from, the sources said.
21 persons died and 29 were rescued in the boat tragedy.
Of the dead, three hailed from Maharashtra, 16 from Tamil Nadu and one each from West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh.
Andaman boat tragedy: The survivors included seven from Maharashtra, 15 from Tamil Nadu, two from New Delhi, one each from West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh and three from the Andaman Islands.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on