Three detained in connection with Andaman boat tragedy
Port Blair: Three persons, including the owner of the overcrowded tourist boat which capsized in the Andaman Sea near here in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, were on Monday detained.
An FIR has been lodged against them and they are being questioned, sources in the Andaman and Nicobar administration said.
One person was still missing while all the bodies had been identified and sent back to Chennai and other places where the victims hailed from, the sources said.
21 persons died and 29 were rescued in the boat tragedy.
Of the dead, three hailed from Maharashtra, 16 from Tamil Nadu and one each from West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh.
Andaman boat tragedy: The survivors included seven from Maharashtra, 15 from Tamil Nadu, two from New Delhi, one each from West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh and three from the Andaman Islands.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India