To tackle sexual harassment, BJP seeks overcoats for girl students
Puducherry: Alleging that girls in most government schools in Puducherry were facing sexual harassment, BJP on Saturday asked the territorial administration here to supply overcoats to students in middle and high schools so that they could be assured of protection.
The government should ensure that all girl students beyond class five and upto class X in government schools were provided overcoats so that they could be assured of protection, BJP`s Puducherry General Secretary R V Swaminathan said in a release.
Complaint boxes should be installed in all the schools and students facing threat to their safety could draw the attention of authorities, he said, adding, the victims belonging to poor families did not come forward to complain.
Seeking stern action against teachers accused of sexual assault on girl students, Swaminathan said government should post only women teachers in government girls’ schools. In co-education institutions there should be "balanced appointment" of women teachers.
He also wanted introduction of online complaint booking facility for girl students to complain about such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’