To tackle sexual harassment, BJP seeks overcoats for girl students
Puducherry: Alleging that girls in most government schools in Puducherry were facing sexual harassment, BJP on Saturday asked the territorial administration here to supply overcoats to students in middle and high schools so that they could be assured of protection.
The government should ensure that all girl students beyond class five and upto class X in government schools were provided overcoats so that they could be assured of protection, BJP`s Puducherry General Secretary R V Swaminathan said in a release.
Complaint boxes should be installed in all the schools and students facing threat to their safety could draw the attention of authorities, he said, adding, the victims belonging to poor families did not come forward to complain.
Seeking stern action against teachers accused of sexual assault on girl students, Swaminathan said government should post only women teachers in government girls’ schools. In co-education institutions there should be "balanced appointment" of women teachers.
He also wanted introduction of online complaint booking facility for girl students to complain about such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet