To tackle sexual harassment, BJP seeks overcoats for girl students
Puducherry: Alleging that girls in most government schools in Puducherry were facing sexual harassment, BJP on Saturday asked the territorial administration here to supply overcoats to students in middle and high schools so that they could be assured of protection.
The government should ensure that all girl students beyond class five and upto class X in government schools were provided overcoats so that they could be assured of protection, BJP`s Puducherry General Secretary R V Swaminathan said in a release.
Complaint boxes should be installed in all the schools and students facing threat to their safety could draw the attention of authorities, he said, adding, the victims belonging to poor families did not come forward to complain.
Seeking stern action against teachers accused of sexual assault on girl students, Swaminathan said government should post only women teachers in government girls’ schools. In co-education institutions there should be "balanced appointment" of women teachers.
He also wanted introduction of online complaint booking facility for girl students to complain about such incidents.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!