Traders to seek licenses to own pistols for self defense
Puducherry: The Federation of Traders Associations in Puducherry on Friday decided to apply licenses to own pistols for self defense following "increasing rowdysim".
The Associations at a meeting also decided to hold a procession on September 11 and meet District Collector and submit their demand as the activities of anti social elements were growing every day.
Secretary of the Federation Balou said a signature campaign would also be launched to mobilise support of the people, voluntary organisations and merchants to urge the Central and State governments to intensify steps to protect e merchants who were facing threat to their lives at the hands of the anti social elements extorting money and also damaging properties on the business premises.
He said that the merchants would wait for three months and would boycott payment of taxes and duties to the Centre and the State government if there was no response to their plea for protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor