Traders to seek licenses to own pistols for self defense
Puducherry: The Federation of Traders Associations in Puducherry on Friday decided to apply licenses to own pistols for self defense following "increasing rowdysim".
The Associations at a meeting also decided to hold a procession on September 11 and meet District Collector and submit their demand as the activities of anti social elements were growing every day.
Secretary of the Federation Balou said a signature campaign would also be launched to mobilise support of the people, voluntary organisations and merchants to urge the Central and State governments to intensify steps to protect e merchants who were facing threat to their lives at the hands of the anti social elements extorting money and also damaging properties on the business premises.
He said that the merchants would wait for three months and would boycott payment of taxes and duties to the Centre and the State government if there was no response to their plea for protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH