Traders to seek licenses to own pistols for self defense
Puducherry: The Federation of Traders Associations in Puducherry on Friday decided to apply licenses to own pistols for self defense following "increasing rowdysim".
The Associations at a meeting also decided to hold a procession on September 11 and meet District Collector and submit their demand as the activities of anti social elements were growing every day.
Secretary of the Federation Balou said a signature campaign would also be launched to mobilise support of the people, voluntary organisations and merchants to urge the Central and State governments to intensify steps to protect e merchants who were facing threat to their lives at the hands of the anti social elements extorting money and also damaging properties on the business premises.
He said that the merchants would wait for three months and would boycott payment of taxes and duties to the Centre and the State government if there was no response to their plea for protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31