Two Revenue Dept officials suspended in Yanam
Puducherry: A Deputy Thasildar and a Village Administrative Officer in Yanam were suspended for their alleged role in preparation of forged documents in implementation of a centrally funded scheme for management of floods.
There were allegations regarding preparation of forged documents to procure Central funds for implementation of the Flood Bank Management scheme across river Godavari in Yanam an enclave of Union Territory of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
The two were suspended after a preliminary inquiry, the sources said.
It was alleged that the signature of the Regional Executive Officer (REO) was forged in the proposal for the funds.
The Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of Puducherry police had initiated investigation into the charges. A CBI probe has also been in progress, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing