Two Revenue Dept officials suspended in Yanam
Puducherry: A Deputy Thasildar and a Village Administrative Officer in Yanam were suspended for their alleged role in preparation of forged documents in implementation of a centrally funded scheme for management of floods.
There were allegations regarding preparation of forged documents to procure Central funds for implementation of the Flood Bank Management scheme across river Godavari in Yanam an enclave of Union Territory of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
The two were suspended after a preliminary inquiry, the sources said.
It was alleged that the signature of the Regional Executive Officer (REO) was forged in the proposal for the funds.
The Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of Puducherry police had initiated investigation into the charges. A CBI probe has also been in progress, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez