Two Revenue Dept officials suspended in Yanam
Puducherry: A Deputy Thasildar and a Village Administrative Officer in Yanam were suspended for their alleged role in preparation of forged documents in implementation of a centrally funded scheme for management of floods.
There were allegations regarding preparation of forged documents to procure Central funds for implementation of the Flood Bank Management scheme across river Godavari in Yanam an enclave of Union Territory of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
The two were suspended after a preliminary inquiry, the sources said.
It was alleged that the signature of the Regional Executive Officer (REO) was forged in the proposal for the funds.
The Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of Puducherry police had initiated investigation into the charges. A CBI probe has also been in progress, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak