Two Revenue Dept officials suspended in Yanam
Puducherry: A Deputy Thasildar and a Village Administrative Officer in Yanam were suspended for their alleged role in preparation of forged documents in implementation of a centrally funded scheme for management of floods.
There were allegations regarding preparation of forged documents to procure Central funds for implementation of the Flood Bank Management scheme across river Godavari in Yanam an enclave of Union Territory of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
The two were suspended after a preliminary inquiry, the sources said.
It was alleged that the signature of the Regional Executive Officer (REO) was forged in the proposal for the funds.
The Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of Puducherry police had initiated investigation into the charges. A CBI probe has also been in progress, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!