Two students among 3 killed in collision of cars
Chandigarh: Two undergraduate students were among three persons who died when two vehicles collided head-on in the city in wee hours Tuesday, police said.
A group of students had gone to Shimla and were returning to Chandigarh for their onward journey when the mishap occurred.
The victim students, both in first year of B.A. And in their 20s, were residents of Ghaziabad, police said, adding that in the accident one of the car driver also died.
The collision took place between a taxi and a luxury car. The deceased were passengers of the taxi whereas the car was completely mangled after the high-impact collision, police said.
Police suspect that the drivers of both the vehicles were under the influence of liquor.
The deceased have been identified as Kuldeep Kumar and Sahil Kumar, (both students), and Mast Nath from Himachal Pradesh.
In the mishap two students received minor injuries, police said, adding that the passengers of the luxury car fled away from the spot after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- After Ajmal Kasab, another terrorist captured alive in J&K's Udhampur; 3 hostages rescued