Vaithilingam leaves for Delhi on summons from AICC
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister V
Vaithilingam today left for Delhi following summons from
Vaithilingam left for Delhi from Mahe, an enclave of the
Union Territory in Kerala, where he declared open the Rajiv
Gandhi Government Auyrvedha College, party sources said.
His visit to Delhi comes in the backdrop of political
developments in Puducherry where former chief minister N
Rangaswamy has recently floated a new political party N R
Congress just few with months to go for the assembly polls.
The sources said the visit was meant to discuss the current
Rangaswamy, who had been sulking since being replaced by
Vaithilingam two years ago, had resigned his assembly
membership last month.
Although the AIADMK had held preliminary talks with
Rangasamy recently in a bid to bring him into its front, he
continues to be non-committal.
The Congress has dismissed Rangaswamy`s venture saying
such developments of individuals breaking away from the party
would not impact it in the Union Territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming