Vaithilingam leaves for Delhi on summons from AICC
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister V
Vaithilingam today left for Delhi following summons from
Vaithilingam left for Delhi from Mahe, an enclave of the
Union Territory in Kerala, where he declared open the Rajiv
Gandhi Government Auyrvedha College, party sources said.
His visit to Delhi comes in the backdrop of political
developments in Puducherry where former chief minister N
Rangaswamy has recently floated a new political party N R
Congress just few with months to go for the assembly polls.
The sources said the visit was meant to discuss the current
Rangaswamy, who had been sulking since being replaced by
Vaithilingam two years ago, had resigned his assembly
membership last month.
Although the AIADMK had held preliminary talks with
Rangasamy recently in a bid to bring him into its front, he
continues to be non-committal.
The Congress has dismissed Rangaswamy`s venture saying
such developments of individuals breaking away from the party
would not impact it in the Union Territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in