10 injured in clash between two groups of students in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: At least 10 persons were injured as two groups of students clashed at Purkazi town of the district here, police said.
SP (City) Sarvan Kumar told reporters here this morning that the clash occurred yesterday after a dispute broke out between the two groups over bathing in the canal here.
Kumar said it was students belonging to separate communities who were involved in the incident, which left several injured and also saw some vehicles being damaged.
Senior officers have rushed to the spot and the situation is now under control, police said, adding that security has been tightened and additional personnel deployed in the area.
Following the clash yesterday, irate locals staged a roadblock for a few hours on the Delhi-Hardwar National Highway demanding the arrest of those responsible.
Police said a search is on for those alleged to have taken part in the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'