10 injured in clash between two groups of students in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: At least 10 persons were injured as two groups of students clashed at Purkazi town of the district here, police said.
SP (City) Sarvan Kumar told reporters here this morning that the clash occurred yesterday after a dispute broke out between the two groups over bathing in the canal here.
Kumar said it was students belonging to separate communities who were involved in the incident, which left several injured and also saw some vehicles being damaged.
Senior officers have rushed to the spot and the situation is now under control, police said, adding that security has been tightened and additional personnel deployed in the area.
Following the clash yesterday, irate locals staged a roadblock for a few hours on the Delhi-Hardwar National Highway demanding the arrest of those responsible.
Police said a search is on for those alleged to have taken part in the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!