100 nominations filed for by-polls to 11 VS, one LS seat in UP
Lucknow: A total of 100 nominations were
today filed by the candidates of different parties on the last
day of the nominations for by-polls to 11 assembly and one
Lok Sabha seat to be held on November 7 in Uttar Pradesh.
"A total of 100 nominations were today filed for the
by-polls to 11 assembly and one Lok Sabha seat. With this 201
candidates are in the fray till now," a state Election offical
Prominent among those who filed their nominations
included Mahendra Pal of SP for Powayan, Amit Puri (BJP) for
Lucknow (west), Algu Prasad (SP) for Hainsar Bazar, Rajesh
Pandey (BJP) for Padrauna, Jai Prakash Singh (Cong) for
Kolasla, Raj Dev (BSP) for Rari and Sarita Bhadauriya for
Similarly 17 nominations were filed for Firozabad
parliamentary seat, taking the total number of candidates
in the fray to 25.
The assembly seats going to polls are Shahjahanpur,
Lucknow (west), Sultanpur, Sant Kabir Nagar, Kushinagar,
Varanasi, Jaunpur, Etawah, Bharthana, Lalitpur and Jhansi. A
by-poll will also be held for the Lok Sabha seat of Firozabad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed