11 more bodies recovered from UP rivers
Lucknow: Bodies swept away by the flash floods in Uttarakhand continued to reach rivers in Uttar Pradesh as eleven more bodies were recovered today from the rivers in Bijnor and Bulandshahr districts.
"Eleven more bodies of Uttarakhand rain tragedy have been found in rivers in Bijnor and Bulanshahr districts," ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
A circular has been issued to police chiefs to keep tab of the rivers, he added. Meanwhile, according to information received at police and relief commissioner`s control rooms, over 1,000 people from Uttar Pradesh were still missing.
According to special secretary (Revenue) G Srinivas, 900 people of the state are in Haridwar, 450 in Rishikesh and 540 in Jollygrant (Dehradun).
He said four camps have been set up by the state government in Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun to take care of people of the state.
About the flood situation in UP, Srinivas said that besides Sharda, which is flowing 40 mm above danger mark in Palliakalan and Rapti, flowing 10 mm above danger mark in Shravasti the situation was normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie