11 more bodies recovered from UP rivers
Lucknow: Bodies swept away by the flash floods in Uttarakhand continued to reach rivers in Uttar Pradesh as eleven more bodies were recovered today from the rivers in Bijnor and Bulandshahr districts.
"Eleven more bodies of Uttarakhand rain tragedy have been found in rivers in Bijnor and Bulanshahr districts," ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
A circular has been issued to police chiefs to keep tab of the rivers, he added. Meanwhile, according to information received at police and relief commissioner`s control rooms, over 1,000 people from Uttar Pradesh were still missing.
According to special secretary (Revenue) G Srinivas, 900 people of the state are in Haridwar, 450 in Rishikesh and 540 in Jollygrant (Dehradun).
He said four camps have been set up by the state government in Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun to take care of people of the state.
About the flood situation in UP, Srinivas said that besides Sharda, which is flowing 40 mm above danger mark in Palliakalan and Rapti, flowing 10 mm above danger mark in Shravasti the situation was normal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?