11 more bodies recovered from UP rivers
Lucknow: Bodies swept away by the flash floods in Uttarakhand continued to reach rivers in Uttar Pradesh as eleven more bodies were recovered today from the rivers in Bijnor and Bulandshahr districts.
"Eleven more bodies of Uttarakhand rain tragedy have been found in rivers in Bijnor and Bulanshahr districts," ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said.
A circular has been issued to police chiefs to keep tab of the rivers, he added. Meanwhile, according to information received at police and relief commissioner`s control rooms, over 1,000 people from Uttar Pradesh were still missing.
According to special secretary (Revenue) G Srinivas, 900 people of the state are in Haridwar, 450 in Rishikesh and 540 in Jollygrant (Dehradun).
He said four camps have been set up by the state government in Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun to take care of people of the state.
About the flood situation in UP, Srinivas said that besides Sharda, which is flowing 40 mm above danger mark in Palliakalan and Rapti, flowing 10 mm above danger mark in Shravasti the situation was normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt