11 more detained in student sexual assault case in Kanpur
Kanpur: Two days after a 12-year-old girl
died following an alleged sexual assault in school, 11 more
people, including the school manager, were detained for
questioning on Wednesday.
Police are still groping in the dark about the culprit
behind the crime and no arrests have been made so far.
However, manager of Bharatiya Gyan Sthali School Chandra
Pal Verma and his son, who were missing since Monday, were
nabbed and being questioned in connection with the case.
The manager told police that he was unaware of any sexual
assault on the girl, a student of class VI, and that she was
sent back home after she suddenly started bleeding in the
class, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ram Bahadur said.
The girl later died at a hospital.
Meanwhile, the girl`s postmortem report revealed
excessive bleeding due to unnatural sex and mental shock as
the cause behind the death. Her rectum canal was badly damaged
and injury marks were found on the victim`s thighs.
The girl was not raped as her hymen was found intact, the
officer said quoting the postmortem report.
On Monday, the girl`s mother, who works in a mall,
received a call from the school that her daughter had been
sent home along with two maids as she was not feeling well. On
reaching her Roshan Nagar home, she found that her daughter
was bleeding profusely.
The girl`s clothes were changed and her blood-stained
school uniform was kept in her bag.
Later, police also found blood stains on three benches
that had been joined together in a classroom.
A case under section 302 (murder) and section 377
(unnatural offences) was registered against an unidentified
So far 22 people, including the lady principal and three
male teachers, had been questioned in connection with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information