12 killed, 24 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident
Lucknow: At least 12 members of a marriage party were killed and 24 others critically injured when their vehicle collided with a bus in Uttar Pradesh`s Etawah district, police said on Saturday.
The accident took place in Ekdil town in Etawah, some 300 km from Lucknow, when the mini truc carrying the marriage party collided with the bus owned by the state-run Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC), police added.
"The accident was due to the fault of the driver of the mini truck, who all of a sudden, changed lanes," Inspector Rajnish Kumar told a news agency on the telephone.
"Those killed and injured in the mishap were a part of the marriage party and were coming from Mainpuri district and on their way to Kanpur Dehat district, where the wedding was to take place in Rura town," he added.
The drivers of both vehicles managed to escape after the accident.
"Efforts are on to nab the drivers. Those injured are being treated at the district hospital, where their condition is stated to be critical," the inspector said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why