12 killed in two separate accidents in UP
Lucknow: As many as 12 people were killed in two separate road accidents in Uttar Pradesh late Tuesday, police said on Wednesday.
At least seven people were killed and six injured when a tractor-trolley carrying labourers overturned and fell into a 25-feet-deep gorge in the Robertsganj area of Sonbhadra district, 415 km from here.
All the labourers were rushed to hospital early Wednesday. While seven were declared dead, the condition of two of the injured labourers is stated to be serious, Sonbhadra Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
In another accident, five people were mowed down by a speeding truck late Tuesday when the driver lost control and rammed the vehicle into a row of houses in Deugha village in Chitrakoot district, some 240 km from here. The incident also left 13 people injured.
Chitrakoot Superintendent of Police Mohit Gupta said some cattle were also killed in the accident. The truck driver fled after the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement