12 killed in two separate accidents in UP
Lucknow: As many as 12 people were killed in two separate road accidents in Uttar Pradesh late Tuesday, police said on Wednesday.
At least seven people were killed and six injured when a tractor-trolley carrying labourers overturned and fell into a 25-feet-deep gorge in the Robertsganj area of Sonbhadra district, 415 km from here.
All the labourers were rushed to hospital early Wednesday. While seven were declared dead, the condition of two of the injured labourers is stated to be serious, Sonbhadra Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
In another accident, five people were mowed down by a speeding truck late Tuesday when the driver lost control and rammed the vehicle into a row of houses in Deugha village in Chitrakoot district, some 240 km from here. The incident also left 13 people injured.
Chitrakoot Superintendent of Police Mohit Gupta said some cattle were also killed in the accident. The truck driver fled after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed