12 killed in two separate accidents in UP
Lucknow: As many as 12 people were killed in two separate road accidents in Uttar Pradesh late Tuesday, police said on Wednesday.
At least seven people were killed and six injured when a tractor-trolley carrying labourers overturned and fell into a 25-feet-deep gorge in the Robertsganj area of Sonbhadra district, 415 km from here.
All the labourers were rushed to hospital early Wednesday. While seven were declared dead, the condition of two of the injured labourers is stated to be serious, Sonbhadra Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
In another accident, five people were mowed down by a speeding truck late Tuesday when the driver lost control and rammed the vehicle into a row of houses in Deugha village in Chitrakoot district, some 240 km from here. The incident also left 13 people injured.
Chitrakoot Superintendent of Police Mohit Gupta said some cattle were also killed in the accident. The truck driver fled after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred