12 killed in two separate accidents in UP
Lucknow: As many as 12 people were killed in two separate road accidents in Uttar Pradesh late Tuesday, police said on Wednesday.
At least seven people were killed and six injured when a tractor-trolley carrying labourers overturned and fell into a 25-feet-deep gorge in the Robertsganj area of Sonbhadra district, 415 km from here.
All the labourers were rushed to hospital early Wednesday. While seven were declared dead, the condition of two of the injured labourers is stated to be serious, Sonbhadra Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
In another accident, five people were mowed down by a speeding truck late Tuesday when the driver lost control and rammed the vehicle into a row of houses in Deugha village in Chitrakoot district, some 240 km from here. The incident also left 13 people injured.
Chitrakoot Superintendent of Police Mohit Gupta said some cattle were also killed in the accident. The truck driver fled after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her