12 new ministers join Akhilesh Yadav cabinet
Lucknow: Days after Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav public expressed displeasure with the functioning of the party’s government in Uttar Pradesh, the Akhilesh Yadav led cabinet was expanded on Thursday.
The expansion can also be seen as a move to strengthen the party ahead of the all important Lok Sabha election in 2014, or even earlier.
One cabinet minister and 11 new ministers of state were inducted into the cabinet, the first expansion ever since the new government took charge on March 15, 2012.
The new members of the Akhilesh cabinet are:
Ministers of State
Alok Kumar (Shakya)
Ram Murthy Singh Verma
Vinod Kumar (Pandit Singh)
Vijay Bahadur Pal
Ram Sakal Gurjar
Gayatri Prasad Prajapati
Yogesh Pratap Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda