12 new ministers join Akhilesh Yadav cabinet
Lucknow: Days after Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav public expressed displeasure with the functioning of the party’s government in Uttar Pradesh, the Akhilesh Yadav led cabinet was expanded on Thursday.
The expansion can also be seen as a move to strengthen the party ahead of the all important Lok Sabha election in 2014, or even earlier.
One cabinet minister and 11 new ministers of state were inducted into the cabinet, the first expansion ever since the new government took charge on March 15, 2012.
The new members of the Akhilesh cabinet are:
Ministers of State
Alok Kumar (Shakya)
Ram Murthy Singh Verma
Vinod Kumar (Pandit Singh)
Vijay Bahadur Pal
Ram Sakal Gurjar
Gayatri Prasad Prajapati
Yogesh Pratap Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!