12 new ministers join Akhilesh Yadav cabinet
Lucknow: Days after Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav public expressed displeasure with the functioning of the party’s government in Uttar Pradesh, the Akhilesh Yadav led cabinet was expanded on Thursday.
The expansion can also be seen as a move to strengthen the party ahead of the all important Lok Sabha election in 2014, or even earlier.
One cabinet minister and 11 new ministers of state were inducted into the cabinet, the first expansion ever since the new government took charge on March 15, 2012.
The new members of the Akhilesh cabinet are:
Ministers of State
Alok Kumar (Shakya)
Ram Murthy Singh Verma
Vinod Kumar (Pandit Singh)
Vijay Bahadur Pal
Ram Sakal Gurjar
Gayatri Prasad Prajapati
Yogesh Pratap Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days