12-year-old molested by priest
Agra: A 12-year-old girl was allegedly molested by a temple priest at Bateshwar town here, police said on Wednesday.
The girl, who sells wood-apple (belpatra) leaves near the temple, was allegedly lured to a lonely place and molested by the priest yesterday, police said.
The priest has been identified as Ajit Goswami.
The girl, however, managed to escape from the clutches of the priest and inform her parents, who along with locals gathered in front of the temple.
The priest fled the spot and an investigation is on, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next